2019 Fall Activity Calendar & Newsletter
Well, the Fall season is right around the corner. I have missed all of you and can’t wait for you to get here to Riverside. I have a lot of fun things to do as you will see on the calendar. Here are some of our Fall highlights.
- We will have our first Coffee/Announcements on Tuesday, November 5th, starting at 8:30, and that will be our Toy Drive Kickoff date.
- I have planned for our Welcome Back dinner, which is provided by Encore/Riverside. It is being held on Thursday, November 14th. Happy Hour will be 4:30 and dinner is 5:00. I know this dinner is coming up very soon so if you are going to attend the dinner, please have your table Coordinator make up your group/or if you don’t have a group just sign up at coffee on Tuesday, November 5, and I will place you at a table.
- The menu is as follows: BBQ Chicken, Baked Mac & Cheese, Green Beans with bacon, Fruited Cole Slaw and Brownies. Please bring your own table service and BYOB.
- We are going to have Spaghetti night on Thursday, November 21st. I have coming DJ SinginFool for our dance that evening. The Coordinator sheets will be in the black holder in the hallway. Please have your Coordinator sheets with your money at coffee on Tuesday, November 12th. The cost will $5.00 Make out checks to Riverside Snowbird Activity Fund please!
- We will be having a Fall Judy Klein Blood Drive. The date is on Wednesday, November 27th, so please sign up to help save lives.
- The Dinner Theater Show this season is “Grumpy Old Men”, and this is an evening show. The cost is $69.00 per person, which includes the dinner and the show. This year it is going to be on Saturday January 18. So I am starting to sell the tickets at Coffee on Tuesday, November 26th. If you have friends that are not going to be here until January, please make arrangements with them to purchase their tickets so you all can sit together.
- The Riverside Craft Sale coordinated by Audrey Vermont site 214 and Roy Bull Site 252 will be on Saturday, December 7th. Please remember to bring all of the wonderful items, crafts and jewelry that you made this summer. We are looking forward to another successful Craft Sale.
- The Kingfisher’s Christmas Lights Tour will sail on Tuesday, December 10th. We set sail at 7:30. We have 45 seats available @ $20.00 each. If you wish to go, please sign up at coffee on Tuesday December 3rd.
- The decoration for the pavilion this Christmas season is garland. I would like to have your decoration to be at least 3 feet long. So bring your ideas and materials. We will be decorating on Wednesday, December 11th.
- We will be having our Christmas Eve Celebration again Coordinated by our very talented Audrey Vermont. We will be doing the Ornament Exchange and enjoying cookies and punch afterwards.
- The theme for New Years Eve party is “Ring in the New Year”. The entertainment for the evening is Black Tie DJ Brian Pentacost!
See your calendars for dates and times, and for any changes and updates check the riversidesnowbirds.com website.
See You Soon,
CLICK HERE to see our on-line Fall Calendar. All additions & changes are made on our on-line calendar. You'll want to check it frequently for any new information
If you would like to print a paper copy of the current Fall calendar CLICK HERE. Remember, paper copies are not updated :-). When you arrive at Riverside, you will be given a paper copy of our calendar.