3-D Folded Wreath
On Tuesday January 17th, Grace Zanetta will lead a workshop on making a 3-D Folded Wreath. The materials required for this project are:
- Fabric A. 5/8 yd **
- Fabric B. 5/8 yd **
- Fabric C. 1/2 yd **
- 1 yd PELLON "71F". (STIFF FUSIBLE)
- 1 yd fusible web (ie Wonder Under or Steam-a-seam)
- 12 buttons for decorating (optional)
***If in doubt when choosing fabrics, buy 5/8 yd each of 3 coordinating fabrics
Cutting Instructions – please have cutting done BEFORE the Workshop!
Fabric A: Cut twelve 7 inch squares
Fabric B (border): Cut twelve 7 inch squares
Fabric C: (inside): Cut twelve 5 inch squares
Fusible Pellon: Cut twelve 6 inch squares
Fusible Web (wonder under etc.): Cut 12 5 inch squares
Dresden Plate Candle Mat
On January 31st, Deb Miller will be showing us how to make the 18 inch Dresden Plate Candle Mat shown below. The materials required for this project are as follows:
- 1 yard of fabric for background, accent blades, and backing
- 1/2 yard each of two coordinating fabrics (one light and one dark) for the remaining blades
- 5/8 yard of cotton batting
- coordinating monofilament thread
- cotton thread for sewing wedges (blades)
- 20 inch square of mylar or freezer paper
- 22.5 degree Dresden ruler (by Nifty Notions) - NO NEED TO BUY ONE IF YOU DON'T ALREADY HAVE ONE! We will share among those doing the project, or can create cardboard templates!
- rotary cutting mat, 24 inch ruler, and rotary cutter
- point turner
- walking foot
Winter 2017 Raffle Quilt
For our Winter 2017 Sew-n-Sews raffle quilt project, we will be making the quilt block shown below, designed by Martha Dunham. The quilt will be in earth tones - beiges and browns (please avoid yellow tones.) Bring earth tones batik or tone on tone fabric with you to Riverside to contribute a block to the Sew N Sews raffle quilt!
Surprise Squares Quilt
(Confident Beginner class) - 12” block
Fabric Requirements (these are generous amounts):
- 2 yards light for background
- 2 yards medium to dark for squares
- 1-1/2 to 2 yards for border
- Easy Angle ruler (if you have one)*
- Ruler for cutting yardage
- Normal notions
* if you choose to purchase the Easy Angle Ruler, I suggest the one measuring 6-1/2” [ Click here to order online ]'
In photos below just one background fabric was used. Medium to dark fabrics were scrappy. Be sure you have contrast between your background fabrics and medium to dark fabrics. Left picture is 36”x 48” + borders and NO sashing with offset rows. Right picture is 51”x 51” + borders WITH sashing.
Gail Frenz, Site 211, 518-494-5879