Snowbird Notification Help
Riverside Snowbirds have the option of subscribing to e-mail notifications to receive important announcements in a timely manner. Riverside Snowbird Notifications function differently from e-mail lists that you may be familiar with (like Yahoo Groups and Mailman) in that Riverside Snowbird Notifications are one-way only. Subscribers can not post messages or reply to messages. Therefore, subscribers only receive important announcements in their mailbox (so their e-mail in-box in not flooded with messages.) The Snowbirds' website Forum provides users with a place to post messages and share information with other campers. Note: Forum subscriptions are not the same as Snowbird Notifications (see Forum Help for more information.)
You may read the entire article or use the following shortcuts to go directly to the information you need.
If you have never subscribed to Snowbird Notifications in the past, click on Notifications > Subscribe in the Top menu (you must be logged in). You only need to subscribe to Snowbird Notifications once. (If you subscribed to Snowbird Notifications previously—skip to Changing Your Preferences below.)
You will be taken to the Subscription form. You need to:
- enter (and confirm) your e-mail address
- indicate whether your want plain text (Text) or formatted (HTML) emails
- enter your first and last name
- check which Notifications you would like to receive (note: it is recommended that all campers subscribe to "Snowbird Alerts" to obtain important park news and information about park activities.)
- Once you have entered the required information, click 'Subscribe the Selected Snowbird Email Notifications'.
When you click the submit button, a confirmation email will be sent to the email address you entered. You must click on the link included in the email to activate your Notification subscription. If you don't receive the confirmation email, check your Spam folder (many of the confirmation emails end up there.) Once you click on the link in the email, your subscription will be activated and you will start receiving the Notifications you selected.
If you have any problems with the subscription process, don't hesitate to contact the System Administrator for assistance.